Monday, July 18, 2011

Back from vacation

We're back from vacation. I did do a couple runs during our trip, one at Camp Lael and one at Wisconsin Dells. Nothing remarkable about either other than that they were both a bit hilly. I'm hoping that all these hilly runs I have been doing for the past few weeks are getting me ready for Brooksie Way Half Marathon in October, which is supposed to be a challenging course.

I didn't run a particularly long way (it is nice to now think of 6 and 5 mile runs as mid-distance), nor did I run particularly hard, but at least I did something. Ran a bit this morning too, but it was already quite hot at 8:30 am (I woke up at 6, saw that the news station said it was 78 degrees and fell back asleep. It was in the low to mid 80s by the time I got going.)

My schedule may allow me to get a couple runs in this week. Next race isn't until the Warrior Dash Indiana in about 3 1/2 weeks. I plan to do a 10 mile run this weekend if all goes as planned.


No comments:

Post a Comment