Besides running, one of my “passions” is rock music. It’s much more about listening to it than playing it, as I can’t play at all. Anyhow, I consider myself somewhat of a classic rock / hard rock connoisseur in that I know quite a bit about that “genre” and I continually seek out both old and new music that I like.
|Eddie Trunk with Joey Kramer & Brad Whitford of Aerosmith|
- Tracks should fit into the general category of rock. Hard / classic rock preferred. No specific tempo or beats per minute (BPM)are required, but I’ve tried to avoid anything that is too plodding.
- Songs specifically about running (such as “Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner” by Iron Maiden or “Marathon” by Rush)
- Songs which have some form of “run” or “running” in the title or as the main subject of the song (i.e. “Runnin’ Wild” by The Rods).
- Songs which have some form of “speed” or “fast” in the title or as the main subject (demonstrated by two Slash songs – “Hard and Fast” and “Speed Parade”).
- Songs about the road, ‘cause I’m a road runner, baby! (“Road Runner” – Aerosmith, “All Over The Road” – Rival Sons).
- Songs of Defiance (“You Ain’t Seen Nothing Yet” – BTO, “Gimme Danger” – Iggy and the Stooges).
- Songs about winning or victory (“Victory” – Megadeth, “Live to Win” – 2 different songs by Motorhead and Paul Stanley).
- Songs about endurance, perseverance or power (“Push” by Dio, “Double the Pain” by Heaven and Hell).
- Songs about Detroit, my current and long-time area of residence (“Detroit City” by Alice Cooper is a little known gem).
- Songs about locomotion other than running (There are two versions of “Train Kept A Rollin’” in this list). I am The Train.
Without further ado, here is the list, by artist:
I intend to keep this list updated on a webpage in this blog. I am always looking for new music to add to this list. If you have any suggestions, please let me know here or on my Facebook page!