So far, so good. I've been doing almost exactly what my plan calls for. In fact, I missed my first run of this training cycle this week (it was for a good reason, to help someone empty out a flooded basement).
After running my 17 miler this week at Paint Creek, I understand why you don't miss runs. It seemed to make this one much harder than it should have been. For me, a 17 miler may always offer challenges, but my Saturday one (and my Thursday run with the stroller for that matter) felt like I missed a month rather than one stinkin' run. Life happens, but I don't intend to miss any more.
I finally put up the medal holder my kids and wife made me for my birthday (last year - I'm bad).
I knew I had a lot of medals, but I didn't know I had 30 of 'em. At least for now, I didn't think there was room for all of them, so I put up my favorite / "most important" 15 of 'em. They include:
- 2011 Iron Turkey - My first 10k (actually also my first double race 5k & 10k)
- 2011 - 2013 Brooksie Way Half Marathon
- 2012 - 2014 Rock CF Half Marathon
- 2012 - 2013 Crim 10 Mile
- 2013 Milford Labor Day 10k (my 10k PR)
- 2014 Weekend Warrior Half Marathon
- 2012 Shamrock N' Roll 10k
- 2012 Open Door Julie Run 5k 2nd place age group (my 5k PR)
- 2013 Detroit Free Press Marathon