Monday, May 7, 2012

Meat and Potatoes

Had a good run this morning despite getting poured on from about mile 1 to 4 of a 6.1 mile run. It was may fastest training run at that distance (52 min) and my second fastest paced 6+ mile run ever. Despite going "fast", I really didn't push myself that hard until the last half mile.

Another notable item of the past week included a Saturday run at the Pontiac Lake Rec Area Mountain Bike Trail. While the pace I ended up with (just over 11 min / mile) doesn't sound too impressive, this was my best run ever on this course, which is extremely hilly and rocky. I highly recommend this course if you are looking for a challenge.

Also, Lil' C's training continues to go well. She has completed week 7 of the Couch to 5k program which involved 3 runs the past week of 25 minutes straight. She's got two more weeks of the program left where she will run 28 minutes 3 times and 30 minutes thrice. After that, we'll need to improvise before the Open Door Julie Run 5k on June 9.


The next race I have planned is next Saturday at the Sylvan Shuffle. I felt like I "needed" to do this race because this was the first race ever where I "won" something, in this case a trophy for a third place finish last year. It was a great confidence booster. Besides that, it is a nice course and a nice, local race. I hope to cut at least 4 minutes off my time from last year (5 would be better).

I was going to post more, but this is will work as a meat and potatoes type post. My next one will be about my crazy idea about how to train to do a 5k in under 20 minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment