I decided that I am just too darn lazy to do as much of a 2nd part of a 2012 recap as I had planned. Therefore, I plagiarized myself and will add on to my 2011 recap. That's cheating, but it shows my continued progress. So, here it is:
1997 to 2007 – a little more than zero.
2008 – About 25
2009 – About 25
2010 – 150 or so.
2011 – More than 450
2012 - Over 800
Days of exercise (running, gym, etc.)
1997 to 2009 – a few per year
2010 – About 30
2011 – Over 125
2012 - Over 150
1997 to 2007 – Zero
2008 – One
2009 – One
2010 – Three
2011 – Seventeen (Eleven 5Ks, One 8k, One 10K, One Half-Marathon, One 4 Mile age-graded race, One 4.8 Mile trail race and One Obstacle Race)
2012 - Nineteen (Ten 5ks, One 8k, One 4.5 mile, One 5.5 Mile, Two 10Ks, Two 10 mile races, Two half marathons)
Fastest 5k Race times:
2008 – 31:56
2009 – 32:10
2010 – 28:10
2011 – 24:39
2012 - 22:16
Prior to 2011 – One second place medal for “walking” during a race I ran.
2011 – One Overall 1st place, One age group 1st place, Two age group 2nd place, Three age group 3rd place and a Top 20 age-graded race award (8th). Finisher medals for Warrior Dash, Brooksie Way Half Marathon and Iron Turkey races.
2012 - Three age group 2nd place, One age group 3rd place and finisher medals for Shamrock N' Roll 10k, Milford Labor Day 10k, Crim 10 Mile, Rock CF Half Marathon and Brooksie Way Half Marathon.
Other Notable Items:
- Won many items from blogs / Facebook including 4 race entries from Renewal by Andersen Detroit, a race entry and t-shirt from Run With Chocolate Milk (had to miss this race though), a 1BandID from Detroit Runner, and a customized tech shirt from Running, Living, Loving Blog. Yay!
- Started training with my kids. Both ran races during the year and won something,
- Went over 100 blog posts.
- Did not significantly injure myself.(Always a plus)
- Met a ton of my blogger buddies from the SE Michigan Running Mafia.
- Ran with my Brooksie Way team and Indian Springs Meetup group several times.
- Set 11 PRs (several multiple times, such as my four 5k PRs)