Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The Hills Are Alive.. with the sound of heavy breathing....

Finally had a good evening run. It is the first one in a while and the first that I did that much distance. Overall, it was actually my best 5 mile run yet. The best part is that I picked about the hilliest (is that a word) course I could find and still averaged under 10 min / mile, which is good for me with that distance. I think this is my half marathon race pace right now, which I could live with.



I think I will be doing the Pontiac Lake trail run on Saturday. It is about 9.5 miles and is even a bit more hilly than what I did today. This will be a huge test, but I think I am ready. I won't beat myself up if I need to walk at some point, but that isn't my plan. I've come a long way and I will consider this essentially my July race (as it looks like I won't be doing a formal race in July right now, unless I sneak one in late.)

No comments:

Post a Comment