Thursday, June 16, 2011

I'm a morning person...keep telling yourself that.

Did my first "pre-work" run this morning. Ideally, I would have done it yesterday too, but I didn't get up in time. As the temperature increases and it when it is still hot in the evening, maybe I'll be more motivated to have a comparatively cool morning run.

This morning, I just wanted to run a mid-tempo couple miles so my body isn't in shock for Saturday's race. I figured a 9:30 pace overall and did just slightly slower than that. I'm not sure why but today, like a few other times, I do exactly what I set out to do and still feel a little disappointed. I think it is because I wasn't relaxed and was thinking about all I had to do at work today and worrying about things I shouldn't worry about. My most enjoyable runs are not only when I have what I consider to be a good performance, but when I am able to relax and just enjoy the run itself.

My main goal was to test my lower back, which I apparently strained a bit Monday during a very poor round of golf. It isn't bad, just a bit stiff and slightly sore at times. The good news is that it didn't bother me while running, so that can't be an excuse.

I wish tomorrow was Saturday, as I'm looking forward to the race and to the weekend in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment