Monday, June 27, 2011

Nice weekend

We had a nice weekend. The weather was perfect while my little boy and I were at camp. Camp Lael is also the site of a 5k race which I participated in last year (and at which I was schooled by a 7 or 8 year old boy.) and I will be helping out to make this year's race a success. The course is compacted sand, dirt and gravel (the best surface to run on) and is quite hilly. I ran 5 relatively easy miles Saturday morning. Would have gone faster and / or longer, but I knew I had a full day of fun planned with my lil' guy and took it easy. That and the hills were tough. I need to put some hill runs back in my schedule.

I ran this morning too. I hadn't run at a "near 5k pac:e since the last race, so I went fairly quickly (for me). It took about 1.5 miles to really catch my breath and feel comfortable.



No comments:

Post a Comment